Personal Information Security Policy
As a website owner, protecting the privacy and security of our users is of utmost importance. This Personal Information Security Policy outlines our commitment to safeguarding the personal information of our users who visit our website for memorial purposes. Our website is dedicated to providing a secure, safe and respectful platform to honor the memories of loved ones who have passed away. In order to maintain the trust of our users, we have implemented various security measures that will ensure that all personal information shared on our website is secure and safe from unauthorized access.
This Personal Information Security Policy applies to all personal information collected, used and disclosed by our website. This policy also applies to all employees, contractors and volunteers who have access to personal information in the course of their duties. This policy applies to all data collected through our website or through any other means, including email, phone, mail or in-person interactions.
Personal Information Collected
Our website collects personal information from users who register for an account or submit a memorial. This information may include the user's name, email address, physical address, phone number, and the deceased person's name, date of birth, date of death, and other biographical information.
We only collect personal information that is necessary for the purpose of creating a memorial and facilitating communication between the user and our website. We do not collect any sensitive information, such as financial or medical information, from our users.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is used solely for the purpose of creating a memorial and facilitating communication between the user and our website. We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers who assist us with the operation of our website, such as web hosting or payment processing providers. We only disclose personal information to third parties who have agreed to comply with our Personal Information Security Policy and who need the information to carry out their responsibilities.
We do not sell or trade personal information to any third parties, and we do not use personal information for marketing purposes without the user's explicit consent.
Our website has implemented various security measures to ensure the safety and security of personal information. These security measures include:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption: We use SSL encryption to ensure that all personal information transmitted through our website is protected from unauthorized access.
- Firewall protection: We have a firewall in place to protect our website from unauthorized access and to prevent any unauthorized attempts to access personal information.
- Regular software updates: We ensure that all software and systems used by our website are regularly updated with the latest security patches and upgrades.
- Password protection: We require all users to create a secure password when registering for an account. We also require password resets every 90 days.
- Access controls: We limit access to personal information to only those employees, contractors or volunteers who require access to carry out their duties.
- Regular backups: We regularly back up all data stored on our website to ensure that we can recover personal information in the event of a data breach.
Client-Level Security Action for the Memorial Page
We also require our clients to make certain decisions regarding the display of personal information on the memorial page. These decisions include:
- Issue permission to viewers: Clients can choose to issue permission to specific individuals to view the memorial page. This can be done by providing a unique access code or login information to authorized individuals.
- Grant access via secured link: Clients can choose to grant access to the memorial page via a secured link, which can only be accessed by those with the link.
- Display of personal information: Clients must decide what personal information they wish to display on the memorial page, such as the deceased person's full name, date of birth, date of death, and biographical information. Clients can also choose to display photos and videos of the deceased.
- Access to guestbook: Clients can choose to allow viewers to sign a guestbook, which may include personal information such as the viewer's name and message.
- Removal of personal information: Clients can request the removal of personal information from the memorial page at any time. We will securely delete or destroy all personal information associated with the memorial upon request.
- Viewable by anonymous visitors: Clients can choose to allow anonymous visitors to view the memorial page or restrict access to logged-in users only.
By making these decisions and taking an active role in the management of personal information on the memorial page, our clients can ensure that the personal information of their loved ones is protected and secure.
We only retain personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Once personal information is no longer required, we securely delete or destroy it.
In the case of memorials created on our website, we retain the memorial for as long as the user wishes to keep it on our website. Once the user requests the memorial to be removed, we securely delete or destroy all personal information associated with the memorial.
In the event of a data breach, we will take immediate action to investigate and contain the breach. We will notify affected users as soon as possible and provide them with information on what steps they can take to protect themselves.
Our website is committed to protecting the personal information of our users. We have implemented various security measures to ensure
Kenya's Best Transitions & Memorials Website, personalized to reflect the dignity, status, and grace befitting of your esteemed departed loved one.
“The living owe it to those who no longer can speak to tell their story for them.”
― Czesław Miłosz, The Issa Valley